Careers - Logistics Administration Assistant LAA05
A leading Cambridge Science Park biotech company, who provide products and services globally, is seeking a Logistics Administration Assistant to work in their logistics team.
The candidate should be a competent, hard-working, and reliable individual to join a small but high-paced, dynamic Logistics Team in Sugar Land, Texas. You will be responsible for communicating with production, managing the shipping of stock, and coordinating the delivery of finished goods throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico while liaising with couriers and customers to ensure a seamless logistics service.
- Communicating with sales and production colleagues and planning logistics schedules
- Handling a variety of product types, more than 90% of which require cold chain transport
- Preparing and printing necessary export, import, and domestic shipping documentation
- Checking product stocks to ensure products are available for outgoing orders
- Receiving, packaging, and dispatching of orders
- Updating system to change order status, such as marking as dispatched and delivered
- Assisting with resolution of email enquiries in a timely manner, and projects as required
- Courier invoice checking, claims processing and general administration
- Suggesting automation and/or improvements for front and back-end processes and functionality
- Other duties as required
- Highly attentive to detail
- Must be organized, decisive, efficient, and practical
- Proactive team player
- Creative and methodical thinking for problem resolution
- Thrives in a physically active role, able to lift up to 30lbs
- Self-starter and proactive with a can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in importing/exporting and domestic shipping
- Biology or Science background
- Ecommerce platform experience
You will have a knack for prioritizing tasks and be able to pride yourself in delivering an excellent customer experience. Full training will be provided with this role.
Abbexa believes in empowering individuals from an early stage. We seek to support employees to draw their own personal career map in line with their ambitions and aspirations. Our informal and friendly culture is an ideal working environment to cultivate excellent professional development opportunities. Our team meetings provide an opportunity to socialize and share ideas with the group.
The office is directly off highway 90, between highway 6 and Interstate 59, which makes for convenient access to almost everywhere. Town square and First Colony Mall are a quick 10-minute drive, which includes multiple restaurants and prime shopping. There are a choice of gyms and child care options in the area as well. The starting package will include 17 days paid vacation plus select national holidays and access to a 401k.
This is a full time, 3-month contract, which will extend to a permanent position for the right person. The hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm. Please apply with resume.
For informal enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job reference: 'LAA05'.
Find out more about our interview process.
To make your application you will need to register on our site. This will allow us to process your application quickly and will allow you to keep track of the status of your application.
FOR AGENCIES – WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ANY AGENCY FOR THIS OR ANY OTHER POSITION THAT WE ADVERTISE.