Careers - Junior IT Web Developer
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work for a leading Cambridge Science Park biotech company providing products and services globally.
We are looking for a tenacious, competent and organized individual to join our high-paced, dynamic IT Team in Cambridge. You will be working with colleagues in other Teams to develop the front and back end of our website.
Role & Responsibilities
- Maintaining, improving and updating existing systems for Mobile-First best practices
- Managing MySQL database
- Providing IT support for colleagues
- Manipulating OpenCart platform for website
- Manipulating WHM and cPanel for server
- Adhering to SEO best practice for all tasks
- Suggesting automation and/or improvements for front and back end processes and functionality
Desired Skills & Experience
- University degree in computer science, IT (BSc, MSc, PhD), equivalent experience or demonstrable interest in coding
- Tenacious with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and to explain things logically and clearly
- Fluent in English
Training will be provided. You will be organized, efficient and practical. You will have an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, will enjoy working alone and in a team and be passionate about coding.
Abbexa believes in empowering individuals from an early stage. We seek to support you to draw your own personal career map in line with your ambitions and aspirations. Our informal and friendly culture is an ideal working environment to cultivate excellent professional development opportunities.
The site offers excellent sport facilities, including a gym classes, on-site nursery, as well as a restaurant and café. The package will include 28 days holiday per annum, access to a comprehensive pension scheme and healthcare benefits.
This is a full time, permanent position. The hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (one hour lunch). Please apply with CV.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job reference: 'JIWD01'.
Find out more about our interview process.
To make your application you will need to register on our site. This will allow us to process your application quickly and will allow you to keep track of the status of your application.
FOR AGENCIES – WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ANY AGENCY FOR THIS OR ANY OTHER POSITION THAT WE ADVERTISE.