Careers - Laboratory Technical Support Assistant
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a leading biotech company with branches in Cambridge (UK) and Houston (US) and provides products and services globally.
We are looking for a tenacious, competent and organized individual to join our high-paced, dynamic Technical Support team in Bar Hill. You will be responsible for developing and manufacturing our products as well as providing support to customers.
- Developing novel products and identifying new targets of interest for researchers
- Planning, manufacturing and testing products according to current production requirements
- Supporting customers via email and phone with product queries and issues
- Troubleshooting applications (such as WB, IHC, ELISA, etc)
- Resolving complaints by proposing solutions which ensure customer’s satisfaction
- Liaising promptly with colleagues worldwide to ensure smooth service
- Supporting members of staff with product documentation
- Developing, implementing and reviewing current manufacturing and quality assurance processes and improving/optimising them where appropriate
- Maintaining the lab and its equipment, and restocking associated consumables as necessary
- Identifying and suggesting automation and/or improvements for front and back end processes, workflow and functionality
- Life sciences degree (BSc, MRes, MSc, PhD) or equivalent experience
- Experience with molecular biology techniques
- Attention to detail
- Fluent in English
- Experience with ELISA, WB, IHC, and/or other similar immunological techniques
- Ability to explain things logically and clearly
- Experience in development, manufacturing, quality control/assurance, customer support or troubleshooting
Full training will be provided. You will be organized, decisive, efficient and practical. You will have an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, have common sense, good communication skills and a good memory. You will be passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience.
Abbexa believes in empowering individuals from an early stage. We seek to support you to draw your own personal career map in line with your ambitions and aspirations. Our informal and friendly culture is an ideal working environment to cultivate excellent professional development opportunities.
The site offers excellent access to a large supermarket as well as a nearby café, park, and chip shop. The package will include 28 days holiday per annum, access to a comprehensive pension scheme, and healthcare benefits.
This is a full time, permanent position. The hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (one hour lunch). Please apply with CV.
For informal enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job reference: 'LTSA01'.
Find out more about our interview process.
To make your application you will need to register on our site. This will allow us to process your application quickly and will allow you to keep track of the status of your application.
FOR AGENCIES – WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ANY AGENCY FOR THIS OR ANY OTHER POSITION THAT WE ADVERTISE.