Careers - Personal Assistant
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a leading biotech company with branches in Cambridge (UK), Houston (US) and Zoetermeer (NL), providing products and services globally.
We are looking for a versatile, highly-organised and competent personal assistant to join our dynamic team in Bar Hill. You will be responsible for providing personalised secretarial and administrative support, including scheduling meetings and handling correspondence for managers and senior staff. You may also be required to assist with other duties as required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Providing administrative support to the managing director
- Managing and coordinating personal tasks, such as receiving, managing and filing correspondence, checking invoices, drafting and sending correspondence as required, writing, proof-reading and maintaining documents and policies as necessary
- Scheduling and managing meetings and appointments and arranging of travel and accommodation as required
- Coordinating, communicating and interacting with the whole team - reminding colleagues of important tasks and deadlines
- Identifying issues and shortages and purchasing necessary items
- Taking meeting minutes / notes and being involved in decision-making processes
- Identifying and suggesting automation and/or improvements for front and back end processes, workflow and functionality
- Developing, implementing and reviewing current processes and improving/optimising them where appropriate
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven working experience in a secretarial or administrative role
- A degree in a life science subject and/or sound knowledge of biology would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Ability to manage changing priorities and fluid situations
- Highly responsible, reliable and discreet
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English
Abbexa believes in empowering individuals from an early stage. We seek to support you to draw your own personal career map in line with your ambitions and aspirations. Our informal and friendly culture is an ideal working environment to cultivate excellent professional development opportunities.
Bar Hill offers a park, Tesco, coffee shop, barbers, clothes store and gyms, all within walking distance of the office. The package will include 28 days holiday per annum, access to a comprehensive pension scheme and healthcare benefits.
This is a full time, permanent position. The hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (one hour lunch). Please apply with CV.
For informal enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job reference: 'PA01'.
Find out more about our interview process.
To make your application you will need to register on our site. This will allow us to process your application quickly and will allow you to keep track of the status of your application.
FOR AGENCIES – WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ANY AGENCY FOR THIS OR ANY OTHER POSITION THAT WE ADVERTISE.