Careers - Scientific Operations Assistant
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work for a leading Cambridge Science Park biotech company providing products and services globally.
We are looking for a competent, hard-working and reliable individual to join our high-paced, dynamic Logistics Operations Team in Cambridge. You will be responsible for managing the shipping of stock and coordinating the delivery of finished goods worldwide, liaising with couriers and customers to ensure a seamless logistics service.
Role & Responsibilities
- Planning logistics schedule and booking shipments
- Receiving and storing goods
- Ensuring products are ready and available for outgoing dates and carrying out final visual QC
- Liaising with colleagues worldwide to ensure smooth service
- Preparing and printing necessary export and import documentation
- Packaging and dispatching orders
- Updating system to include latest information
- Monitoring global courier status to ensure all consignments are delivered on time and immediately following up on any delays
- Assisting with resolution of courier claims, email enquiries and projects when required
- Suggesting automation and/or improvements for front and back end processes and functionality
Requirements & Skills
- Must be good with numbers, organized and efficient
- Experience of importing/exporting and communicating with customs offices worldwide (desired but not essential)
- Life sciences degree (BSc, MRes, MSc, PhD) or equivalent experience
- Second language (desired but not essential: French, German, Arabic or Chinese)
Training will be provided. You will thrive in a very high-paced environment, have common sense, good communication skills and a good memory. You will have a knack for prioritizing tasks, enjoy being physically active and be passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience.
Abbexa believes in empowering individuals from an early stage. We seek to support you to draw your own personal career map in line with your ambitions and aspirations. Our informal and friendly culture is an ideal working environment to cultivate excellent professional development opportunities.
The site offers excellent sport facilities, including a gym classes, on-site nursery, as well as a restaurant and café. The package will include 28 days holiday per annum, access to a comprehensive pension scheme and healthcare benefits.
This is a full time, permanent position. The hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (one hour lunch). Please apply with CV.
Email: email@example.com and quote job reference: 'SOA01'.
Find out more about our interview process.
To make your application you will need to register on our site. This will allow us to process your application quickly and will allow you to keep track of the status of your application.
FOR AGENCIES – WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ANY AGENCY FOR THIS OR ANY OTHER POSITION THAT WE ADVERTISE.