Careers - Scientific Technical Data Administrator
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a leading biotech company with branches in Cambridge (UK), Zoetermeer (NL) and Houston (US) and provides products and services globally.
We are looking for a tenacious, competent and organized individual to join our high-paced, dynamic Technical Support team in Bar Hill. You will be responsible for liaising with partners and colleagues to curate data and improve product and general website information, working with large Excel datasets, using formulas and macros to provide solutions to everyday obstacles. A sense of negotiation skills and a persistent nature would be an advantage in this role.
- Liaising with channel partners and colleagues to obtain latest product information
- Manipulating large Excel sheets using formulas and macros
- Ensuring product data and manuals on our website is up to date, accurate and complete
- Creating new product manuals and datasheet as required
- Creating product lists for marketing and distributors as required
- Allocating emails and tasks to Technical Support team members
- Assisting with customer service and support as required
- Assisting with order processing as required
- Suggesting automation and/or improvements for front and back end processes and functionality
- Proficiency with Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Life sciences degree (BSc, MRes, MSc, PhD) or equivalent experience
- Ability to explain things logically and clearly
- Attention to detail
- Fluent in English
- Experience with molecular biology techniques
- Experience in development, manufacturing, quality control/assurance, customer support or troubleshooting
- Experience with SQL database management
- Ecommerce platform experience
Full training will be provided. You will be organized, decisive, efficient and practical. You will have an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, have common sense, good communication skills and a good memory. You will be passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience.
Abbexa believes in empowering individuals from an early stage. We seek to support you to draw your own personal career map in line with your ambitions and aspirations. Our informal and friendly culture is an ideal working environment to cultivate excellent professional development opportunities.
The site offers excellent access to a large supermarket as well as a nearby café, park, and chip shop. The package will include 28 days holiday per annum, access to a comprehensive pension scheme, and healthcare benefits.
This is a full time, permanent position. The hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (one hour lunch). Please apply with CV.
For informal enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job reference: 'STDA01'.
Find out more about our interview process.
To make your application you will need to register on our site. This will allow us to process your application quickly and will allow you to keep track of the status of your application.
FOR AGENCIES – WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ANY AGENCY FOR THIS OR ANY OTHER POSITION THAT WE ADVERTISE.