Scientific Technical Support Assistant
Looking for a scientific role away from the lab?
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work for a leading Cambridge Science Park biotech company providing products and services globally.
We are looking for a competent and organized individual to join our high-paced, dynamic Technical Support Team in Cambridge. You will be responsible for delivering excellent customer service worldwide, identifying customers’ needs and assisting them to find the correct products and solutions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Helping customers via email and phone
- Troubleshooting applications (such as WB, IHC, ELISA, etc)
- Resolving complaints by proposing solutions which ensure customer’s satisfaction
- Liaising with colleagues and channel partners globally to ensure data is readily available
- Updating product and website data
- Reviewing processes and customer feedback
- Suggesting improvements for our service
- Suggesting improvements for front and back end content, processes and functionality
Requirements & Skills
- Life sciences degree (BSc, MRes, MSc, PhD) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques (WB, IHC, ELISA, etc)
- Practical laboratory experience in at least 2 techniques
- Capable of methodical problem solving
- Ability to explain things logically and clearly
- Attention to detail and ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Fluent in English
You will be organized, decisive, efficient and practical. You will have a knack for identifying patterns, will enjoy solving puzzles and be passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
Abbexa believes in empowering individuals from an early stage. We seek to support you to draw your own personal career map in line with your ambitions and aspirations. Our informal and friendly culture is an ideal working environment to cultivate excellent professional development opportunities.
The site offers excellent sport facilities, including a gym classes, on-site nursery, as well as a restaurant and café. The package will include 28 days holiday per annum, access to a comprehensive pension scheme and healthcare benefits. The hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (one hour lunch). Please apply with CV.
Email: email@example.com and quote job reference: 'STSA02'.
FOR AGENCIES – WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ANY AGENCY FOR THIS OR ANY OTHER POSITION THAT WE ADVERTISE.