+44 (0) 1223 755950
+1 832 327 7413
|Target||Histatin 1 (HTN1)|
|Tested Applications||WB, SDS-PAGE|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute to the original concentration in ddH2O. If further dilutions are required, dilute in 20 mM Tris, 150 mM NaCl, pH 8.0, to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Do not vortex.|
|Storage||Store at 2-8 °C for up to one month. Store at -80 °C for up to one year. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.|
|UniProt Primary AC||P15515 (UniProt, ExPASy)|
|UniProt Entry Name||HIS1_HUMAN|
|Molecular Weight||Calculated MW: 11.5 kDa
Observed MW (SDS-PAGE): 15 kDa Possible reasons why the actual band size differs from the predicted band size:
1. Splice variants. Alternative splicing may create different sized proteins from the same gene.
2. Relative charge. The composition of amino acids may affect the charge of the protein.
3. Post-translational modification. Phosphorylation, glycoslyation, methylation etc. may affect the band size.
4. Post-translational cleavage. Many proteins are synthesised as pro-proteins, and then cleaved to give the active form.
5. Polymerisation of the target protein. Dimerisation, multimerisation etc. will increase the band size observed.
|Sequence||D SHEKRHHGYR RKFHEKHHSH REFPFYGDYG SNYLYDN|
|Tag||N-terminal His Tag|
|Buffer||Prior to lyophilization: 20 mM Tris, 150 mM NaCl, pH 8.0, containing 0.01% Sarcosyl, 5% Trehalose.|
|Concentration||Prior to lyophilization: 150 µg/ml|
|Availability||Shipped within 5-12 working days.|
|Note||This product is for research use only. Not for human consumption, cosmetic, therapeutic or diagnostic use.|