Please note that this kit cannot be provided to home users. This kit is only available for dispatch to healthcare, laboratory or business addresses.
Please see the following guidelines for product use:
- UK and US orders: This kit is available for RUO (research use only) by laboratories and healthcare professionals only.
- 'Rest of the World' orders: This kit is available for RUO (research use only). Before purchasing this product, please check with your local customs office to confirm if this product can be imported into your country.
Instructions for Use
|Place the cassette on a level surface at room temperature (15-25°C, 59-77°F). ||Remove the seal on the extraction buffer tube. ||Place the swab in the extraction buffer tube and rotate 10 times, squeezing against the tube walls to extract the most sample. |
|Remove the swab and cover the tube with the buffer tube cap. ||Add 3 drops of the extracted sample into the sample well. ||Wait 10 minutes. |
|Read the results (see interpretation of results section). || || |
How does the coronavirus test work?
Abbexa's COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kit is a qualitative lateral flow immunochromatographic assay for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigens in human oropharyngeal, nasal and nasopharyngeal swabs.
The cassette contains monoclonal antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 conjugated to gold nanoparticles, which bind to any SARS-CoV-2 antigen present in the sample. Monoclonal antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 are coated in the test region on the nitrocellulose membrane, which bind to the antigen-antibody complex and create a coloured line due to the gold nanoparticles. A control region on the upper end of the cassette confirms if the test has been successful.
How quickly can I get the results?
Within 10 minutes.
How do I understand the results?
The readout should show 1 line in the C (control) region. A purple line next to the T (test) region indicates a positive result. Faint lines are treated as a positive result.
- C and T regions are positive: user recently infected or re-infected with coronavirus.
- C region positive, T region negative: user not infected with coronavirus, or has been recently infected and is not presenting sufficient antigen.
- C region negative, T region either positive or negative: test is invalid, please retest with a new cassette.
| #1 Positive || #2 Negative || #3 Test Failure || #4 Test Failure |
What should I do if the test result is positive?
If you tested positive:
- Do not leave your home
- Sanitise frequently-touched surfaces, such as doorknobs and bannisters.
- If you live in the UK and have COVID-19 symptoms, urgently book a test online through https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
- If you live in the USA and are having difficulty breathing, call 911 and inform them of your symptoms. You may also wish to confirm your positive result by requesting the hospital to run a PCR test
- It is recommended to isolate in a dedicated room for a minimum of 2 weeks to prevent contagion of other people in the household
If you tested negative:
- You may not have encountered the virus, or you encountered the virus very recently and do not yet have sufficient antigen that can be picked up by the Rapid Test Kit.
- If available, a PCR test may help confirm if you have been infected with the virus.
In the event of a serious event using this kit, please contact the relevant authorities. Our contact details can be found at https://www.abbexa.com/contact
How accurate is the COVID-19 test?
Based off a sample of 158 people (31 positive and 127 negative), the test has a sensitivity and specificity of 90.32% and 99.21%, respectively.
For further information on COVID-19 and how to stay safe visit our COVID-19 Information page.
Research Articles on SARS-CoV-2
||Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Store at 2-30 °C.
||The validity for this kit is 12 months.
||Oropharyngeal, nasal and nasopharyngeal swabs.
|25 Test Cassettes|
|25 Buffer Tubes|
|25 Tube Caps|
|Material Required But Not Provided
||Shipped within 1-3 working days.
||This product is intended for use by healthcare professionals and laboratory scientists only. This product is for research use only.