Quick Gel Extraction Kit is designed for rapid purification and recovery of DNA from TAE or TBE agarose gel. DNA is specifically bound to a silica-based column. The purified DNA is suitable for a variety of molecular biology applications, including restriction enzyme digestion, ligation, cloning, and DNA sequencing. Kit contents:
| Component || 50 rxns || 100 rxns |
| Gel Solubilization Buffer (GSB)|| 30 ml || 120 ml |
| Wash Buffer (WB) || 10 ml || 2 × 20 ml|
| Elution Buffer (EB)|| 5 ml || 10 ml |
| Gel Spin Columns with Collection Tubes || 50 || 2 × 100|
||Quick Gel Extraction Kit
||Store at room temperature (15-25 °C) for up to one year.
|Directions for use
- To prepare the Working Wash Buffer, add 40 ml of 96-100% ethanol to 10 ml concentrated Wash Buffer (50 rxns size), or add 2 × 80 ml of 96-100% ethanol to the 2 × 20 ml concentrated Wash Buffer (200 rxns size).
- Excise the DNA fragment from the agarose gel using a razor blade or scalpel. Weigh the gel slice, then insert it into a 1.5 ml microcentrifuge tube.
- Add GSB to the gel in the ratio 3:1 (GSB in µl : gel in mg, i.e. add approximately 300 µl GSB for each 100 mg of gel). Incubate at 55 °C for 6-10 minutes until the gel slice has completely dissolved. Mix by vortexing the tube every 2-3 minutes to help to dissolve the gel during the incubation. Once the gel is completely dissolved, the colour of the solution shound be the same as the stock GSB (yellow). If not, carefully add 3 M NaAc (pH 5.2) to the solution. In order to increase the yield of DNA, an equal volume of isopropanol can be added to the gel solution (e.g. 100 µl isopropanol per 100 mg gel).
- When the temperature of the solution reaches room temperature, transfer the solution to a spin column. Incubate for 1 minute at room temperature, then centrifuge at 10,000 × g for 1 minute. Discard the flow-through.
- Add 650 µl of Working Wash Buffer, Centrifuge at 10,000 × g for 1 minute. Discard the flow-through.
- Centrifuge the empty column at 10,000 × g for 1-2 minutes to remove the residual wash buffer.
- Place the spin column in a clean microcentrifuge tube, add 30-50 pl of Elution Buffer or sterile distilled water (pH > 7.0) directly to the center of the solution matrix (for higher yield, preheat the Elution Buffer or water to 65 °C). Incubate the column at room temperature for 1 minute. Centrifuge at 10,000 × g for 1 minute to elute the DNA. The purified DNA is ready to use or can be stored at -20°C.
- Carry out all centrifugation steps at room temperature.
- Use freshly prepared electrophoresis buffer for gel electrophoresis.
- Cut the gel into as small pieces as possible. Ensure the gel is completely dissolved.
||Shipped within 5-10 working days.
||This product is for research use only.