(Size: 600 ml)
Western Enhanced Chemiluminescent (ECL) Substrate is a luminol-based chemiluminescent substrate for immunoblots with HRP-conjugated secondary antibodies and PDVF or nitrocellulose membranes. It is compatible with Western Blotting markers and is optimised for film and CCD-based imaging. This product has a high degree of sensitivity and enhanced chemiluminescence duration and is suitable for use with low picogram to high femtogram detection of antigen. The 600 ml size contains 6 × 50 ml Peroxide and 6 × 50 ml Luminol.
Research Articles on Western Enhanced Chemiluminescent (ECL) Substrate (Low Pico to High Femto Sensitivity)
||Western Enhanced Chemiluminescent (ECL) Substrate (Low Pico to High Femto Sensitivity)
||Store at room temperature for up to 12 months, or at 4 °C for up to 24 months. Avoid exposure to light.
||Peroxide contains ≤ 1.2% sodium perborate tetrahydrate.
Luminol contains ≤ 3.8% Tris and ≤ 0.13% hydrochloric acid.
|Directions for use
- Keep the membrane moist in the wash buffer while preparing the substrate mixture. Please ensure the membrane does not dry out during the subsequent steps.
- Mix Luminol solution and Peroxide Solution in a 1:1 ratio, and thoroughly mix the chemiluminescent substrate solution well.
- Prepare 0.1 ml of solution per cm2 of membrane. For a mini-sized membrane (7 × 8.5 cm), 5 ml of solution is sufficient. For a midi-sized membrane (8.5 × 13.5 cm), 10 ml of solution is sufficient.
- Place the membrane with the protein side up on a clear and level surface or in a clean container.
- Remove the membrane from the chemiluminescent substrate solution and drain off excessive solution.
- Place the membrane in a plastic sheet protector or in plastic wrap to prevent the membrane from drying.
- Image the membrane with a digital imager or by exposure to X-ray film.
||Shipped within 5-10 working days.
||This product is for research use only.